To wax or not to wax? To shave or not to shave? These are some of the many questions that arise whenever a person is seeking a viable and effective solution when about to remove unwanted hair on skin, from around any part on the body. There are a wide range of options when it comes to hair removal in Singapore–from old school traditional methods like shaving to cutting-edge tech robot machines like laser treatment and more. Depending on the type of hair removal technique you need done on any part of your body, much of it will be affected by the budget you’ve planned for this particular treatment and whether you’re considering to undergo through either a temporary or permanent hair removal. Following is an essential guide that acquaints you with some of the body hair removal treatment offered in Singapore you can try anytime.
1) Waxing. In this hair removal technique, warm wax or strip wax is applied around the surface and pulled in the opposite direction from which hair is growing–pulling all hairs out from the root. However, this technique can be rather painful but bearable at the same time, and its results are deemed to last for about six weeks. Also as you continue to use this treatment every couple of months, you’ll notice hairs from around the area will be getting finer too.
Best for: Face, legs, arms and bikini area
2) Threading. This technique has become a much popular choice among many Singaporean locals, although it needs to be repeated frequently around 4-6 weeks at least. A thin cotton thread specifically designed for threading is doubled and twisted and rolled over areas of unwanted hair, plucking all hairs from the follicle level. This treatment sure can sting a little, but the benefits acquired are pretty impressive!
Best for: Mostly preferred for facial hair–eyebrows, upper lip and chin
3) SHR (Super Hair Removal). This is a very effective hair removal laser treatment that uses Advanced Fluorescent Technology (AFT) to remove all unwanted hair on skin. To achieve this, AFT employs special filters that help change certain unused wavelengths of light into more useful wavelengths, which in turn enable it to use lower energy levels in order to reach hair deep-seated inside the follicles and remove them on skin effectively. The whole process bears minimal discomfort depending with person and only about 4 sessions are required for a person to experience near-permanent hair removal.
Best for: Anyone who seem to have unwanted hair on any particular area around the body—may be a great option for those with darker skin tone too.
4) LHE (Light & Heat Energy). This laser hair removal technique uses heat to accomplish dramatic results that can less likely be achieved by a wide range of other light-based, cutting-edge hair removal technologies. Light & Heat Energy machine simply works by emitting broad layer of light on the area being treated. Melanin found in the air absorbs this massive light, which in turn causes the temperature to rise around the hair follicle and ends up destroying the hair follicle together with the hair shaft.
Best for: An effective option for blonde, red, brown and grey hair types.
5) Light-based treatment — IPL (Intense Pulsed Light). IPL hair removal treatment usually stings a little depending with person as the huge layer of light pierces through the pigment of each hair follicle. This light slowly converts to heat, which ends up destroying all hair follicles and stops hair regrowth altogether. To experience a much more permanent hair reduction, you’d have to undergo through various sessions for you to achieve this successfully.
Best for: A viable option for those with large areas of hair to be removed like on legs or back, even though it’s even more effective when used on darker and thicker hair nevertheless.
6) Electrolysis. A very effective and a very safe hair removal treatment method for those who would wish to have a permanent hair removal on skin and goes particularly very well with hair of any colour–red, blonde or grey. All that is needed to start this treatment, a metal bar is pierced into the hair follicle and all hairs are then removed by use of strong electric currents.
Best for: A great option to be used around small areas of the face, like eyebrows and upper lip, though it can also be used on underarms too.
7) Go Old-school! And lastly, If you could be low on cash or your hair problems are a little less disturbing than usual, you could try some old-school techniques to keep all your hair leveled and in great shape. Shaving and Epilating are some of the most common old-school methods people choose and usually–assuming all is done well–can lead to a completely crisp hairless finish. Shaving is thus a great option for the underarms, legs and those other areas with fine, lighter hair. Epilators, on the other hand, are a great option for almost any particular place around the body. A great deal of women use it frequently to shave their armpits and bikini line areas all the time.
In a nutshell, growing of excessive or unwanted hair around any place around the body can be frustrating and disturbing for some, and that’s why it’s very important for such people to familiarise themselves with some of the on-demand, cutting-edge body hair removal techniques offered nowadays. If you’re considering any kind of body hair removal treatment done on any particular part of your body–you’re in luck, because Singapore is dotted with a wide array of high-end and reputable healthcare centres where you’re assured to get seamless body hair removal solutions that are second to none. Whether it’s on face, legs, arms and underarms your skin care specialist or dermatologist will ensure the treatment given is beautifully and professionally done. As such, if you’d like to get rid of unwanted hair from almost any part around your body, make sure you use this handy guide all the time to acquaint yourself with some of the on-demand body hair removal treatment options available in Singapore which you can try anytime!